"The Future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams" - Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, March 19, 2010

Questionnaire Development

Creating our questionnaire was a little bit demanding. The experience went well though because since we are college students we could frame questions we knew they would understand, which may not always be the case when you do questionnaires for other target markets that you are not familiar with to start off with.The easiest part was coming up with questions that related to what types of things college students wanted to see in their drinks. I think this was easier because doing the focus group (our exploratory research) led us to great ideas and information. The results from this research also helped us to be more specific in our questions. The hardest part was creating questions that were general and not leading or suggesting anything. You do not realize that you may be coaxing the respondent to a certain alternative. The coding concept was also a little hard to grasp at first because you cannot code as easily for open-ended questions than you can for closed ones.
Overall I think my group and I came up with an efficient questionnaire that will relate and be understood by our target group, college students.

3 comments:

  1. I agree Kari, the coding was a little hard to grasp I mean even reading it and looking at our questions to see if it is correct was hard for me. Creating questions tailored to our needs and narrowing the questions down was also a challenge but our group does rock so we can endure all. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This project was very demanding and is one that is much needed for a senior class. I agree with you Kari the easiest part was coming up with the questions because of our exploratory research. Creating general questions that were not leading or suggesting was difficult also. The question I asked myself was how hard would this have been if we had not conducted our exploratory research first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kari, you make a great point. We did have the advantage of being familiar with the target market. I can't imagine how difficult it would have been for you, Ray, and I had we not been a part of the demographic.

    ReplyDelete